Just a little bit about us…
WHO are Rachel and Javiera?
We are two masters students (American and Chilean, respectively) studying Global
E-business at Université Lille 1 in Lille, France, who have decided to research the
importance of customer ratings online as a part of our Competitive Intelligence
curriculum. What’s a better way than to share our findings with all of you?
As official non-experts, we look forward to your comments and reactions to blog posts.
WHY we are researching:
– Customer ratings play a large role in your decision to buy a product or service in
More information about products is available at your fingertips than ever before,
and in part thanks to customer ratings
WHAT we are looking for:
– The way people use customer ratings, wordwide
– How consumer ratings affect the choices other consumers make
– How companies are affected by consumer ratings
– How companies (or individual sellers) react to consumer ratings
– How important are customer ratings, really?
– Individual cases of positive or negative customer ratings, that influenced, or not,
– other consumers’ choices or companies’ choices
WHERE we will look:
– Secondary resources: blogs, articles, websites, and anything else published in the
– Primary resources: the customer ratings themselves, responses (or the absence
thereof) from companies and individual sellers, databases, Change Detect and
Wayback Machine to detect changes on websites…
WHO we are looking for:
– Consumers that get online and rate products and services
– Companies and sellers that react both well and horribly to those ratings
HOW we will go about this project (our methodology):
– We will blog once a week or every other week on a topic or specific case related
to customer ratings online
– We hope to interact and discuss with visitors via their comments